Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Infrared

*
The photo below is by my little pal Nadia J., longtime friend of my family. I loaned her my Sony Cybershot, and she immediately went to work documenting artifacts around my house using the "night vision" mode. This mode records a scene at the infrared wavelength by emitting said radiation to reflect off objects within a few yards of the lens. It works best when there is little or no ambient light.

Nadia's little pictures are brilliant, and they make me feel dumb for never having tried the same thing during some otherwise boring rainy evening. This particular one radiates a certain amount of social commentary, which is to me all the more poignant for the fact that it probably was not the motivating intent for creating the image. I think Nadia may be the Cartier-Bresson of my bungalow, curiously finding the "decisive moment" in creating her little still lifes using the junk laying around here. I'll post more of these periodically because I like them, and I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment