Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

So sorry, honorable readers, for my absence

*
Man, I have been bent out of shape for several weeks now and it made me afraid to log on and post here. While I hate to use media-manufactured cliches, the term "perfect storm" does seem to apply in my sad case. Were I now writing to you from the zombie afterlife, another media-propagated cliche --- death by a thousand cuts --- might even be more to the point.

Some causes for my woeful state of affairs include two foolish attempts to have a good-faith conversation with two different certifiable libertarians (borderline psychosis grade); extreme sunlight deprivation due to climate and astronomical conditions; a management change at work with all the associated uncertainties; and a rising tide of "fucking shitwater" (as we like to refer to it around the StuporMundi Thanksgiving banquet table) that passes for public discourse; and a steady stream of reminders about the shortcomings of social life in my little town.

But that was then and this is now. I'll be dipping my little tootsies back into the warm, salty world of Blogspot in no time, and will resume my position in your life as a Polar Star of reasoned discourse and boyish charm before you can say "Jack Robinson."

3 comments:

  1. I don't know nothing about no shitwater, workplace changes, or Jackie Robinson but I do know about libertarians. And they don't know nothing about nothing. They worship a fantasy as delusional as scientology and carry all their arguments in holy buckets that don't hold no water. You can't argue with them and you can't educate them. They all need to go live in Haiti for a year or so and get a taste of "freedom" from government. Freedom from sanitation. Freedom from sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oil Can: I agree. Was mainly loathing myself for being enticed into what was represented to be a good-faith conversation. They represent not just a secular religion, but a really creepy cult. They need deprogramming, but it's not in my job description. It's like listening to a greasy kid who believes that The Government is suppressing warp drive technology even though there is a large body of documentary footage proving its existence, also showing clear video evidence of alien beings complete with accurate Stardate timestamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Freedom" w. no reference point, opposition, or datum plane is at best a fantasy. Goethe preferred "freedom with limitations", if only to lend definition and perchance achievability. As the quote about rhyming in poetry goes, tennis with the net UP!

    "All kinds, it takes", said the whales as they left for Alpha Centauri.

    ReplyDelete