Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fifty50 housekeeping notes

*
After treating my router to a milkshake made of Fleet's Phospho-Soda and epicac, directly before a nice waterboarding session, it seems to be performing its mission here at Fifty50 Headquarters once again. The previous situation was getting old very fast and cannibalizing the time that I prefer to dedicate to you, my valuable readers. (I'm afraid I may be forced to use the same prescription on a nice lady named Alice who, after six years of working for me as a contractor, still doesn't seem to fully grasp the concept of "washing silverware.")

Also, apropos of nothing, I've changed the setting for the comments page so you no longer have to deal with that irritating popup window. Now we're set up just like the big kids over on the next block.

Finally, I've enabled the blog's settings to load a mobile template, specially designed for "smart" phones, which customizes the display when Fifty50 is viewed on such devices.

Please form an orderly line for purposes of thanking me. I do so hate it when the masses "teem" with spontaneous delight.

2 comments:

  1. routers are a lot like seat covers in cars. When they're shot, ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. BO: that's what the transnational electronics holding companies want you to think. You can't do a factory-settings reset on toxic vinyl seat covers, so all you can do with them is throw the sons of bitches away.

    Editor's note---this thread has an embedded "inside joke" which would not benefit from any further explanation to the reader. Please make a note of this.

    ReplyDelete