Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Laid to waste

*
Happy New Year. I've been practically housebound since last Sunday with a malady resembling the flu, and it started a few days before that. Today is the first day I've been moving around without misery or discomfort.

A prolonged, disabling illness is rare for me. When I am afflicted, for some reason I spend most of my otherwise-idle brain cycles to perform self critique and consider my current location along the stream of life. This time has been no different, so my brain is stocked with all kinds of resolution fodder. What convenient timing.

2 comments:

  1. is one of them getting a flu shot next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. T'weren't me, honest! Be ill or not; acquire immunity as yee see fit goode sire -- our comensal bacteria are legion and perchance mix via "will and representation" (to steal a phrase). Perhaps your actions were preordained as the Loss of Privacy is only the harbinger of the Loss of Free Will. The Melting Pot of Transparent Mediocrity....

    Dr. Harvey

    ReplyDelete