Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Liberal claptrap

I came upon a short, instructive film from 1946 that basically explains everything about the past 28 years in U.S. political devolution. Not kidding. It runs about 9 minutes, and is about as awesome as a civics lesson gets. Or at least that's what I think.

For purposes of scholarly integrity, I disclose that I was pointed to the link for this film by Sadly, No! via Eschaton. For what it's worth, I don't really know who Jonah Goldberg is beyond what I read about him in mighty blogs like my own, but it's hard to believe that he influences any thinking whatsoever in this country. More probably he's something like a noisy, fetid bolus of think tank white papers seasoned with salt and cocoa butter, stuffed into a pale latex sheath and animated by stem cells harvested from Dick Cheney's denture linings.

Don't miss this little film. You may be highly impressed by its prescience and explanatory power. But then again, you may just think it's liberal claptrap. After all, who exactly would benefit from a civil, well informed society in which community power is shared and differences of opinion are respected? The proletariat, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment