Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Who's the ventriloquist?

At Hillary Clinton's victory celebration in New Hampshire Tuesday night she told the audience, as reported by AP via Huffington Post, "Over the last week, I listened to you, and in the process I found my own voice."

On the face of it, that doesn't sound like a very shrewd thing for a politician to say, most especially a female who might be the object of sexist stereotypes by opponents and media ill-wishers. So, in consideration of the ready availability of the greatest political straight line of the week, here is the first post to my brand new Fantasy Presidential Debate Questions Department. And it goes a little something like... this:

Debate moderator: Senator Clinton, on January 8 in New Hampshire you told supporters that you had that week finally, as you put it, "found my own voice." My question to you is that, prior to January 8, 2008, whose voice were you speaking in, and why?

Senator Clinton: [Silence. Big round Ralph Kramden heart-attack eyes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment