Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where I've been

*
There's just too much to unpack in Illinois and national politics these days for me to try documenting everything I write here with links to source material. Part of the problem is that I've taken on an exciting new role in life that dominates my free time: raising a set of illegitimate triplets I unexpectedly sired last winter... er, I mean, helping to administer my aged mother's transition into assisted living. Both of these factors have crimped my substantive blogging output.

For the time being, just for the sake of writing something on a regular basis, I must devolve to basic punditry and speculation modes. Unfortunately, my posts will mainly be supported only by my background knowledge, the considerable amount of news reports that I blow through every day, my need to think like Machiavelli, and my joy in fabricating hypotheses and strategies.

I rarely expect anyone to take anything I say just on the basis of my own authority anyway, but now that the lack of time forces me to relinquish some of my documentary rigor, caveat emptor totally, OK? I don't like it, but I don't like shutting up even less.

3 comments: