Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Enjoying my hiatus?

*
I yam! I could tell tales of physical prowess, ditchdiggery, lumberjackery. But I'm on hiatus, working through some sort of surprise urge to turn the world green and feed all the little birdies. So make up some tales yourself! In the meantime, I share the following words from the final pages of The Secret Teachings of All Ages, an instructive 700-page tome by Manly P. Hall (1928):
Ptolemy has been ridiculed for conceiving the earth to be the center of the universe, yet modern civilization is seemingly founded upon the hypothesis that the planet earth is the most permanent and important of all the heavenly spheres, and that the gods from their starry thrones are fascinated by the monumental and epochal events taking place upon this spherical ant-hill in Chaos.

2 comments:

  1. http://prs.org/gallery.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon: thanks for the link. I've been meaning to visit the site for awhile. Will be interested to see if they have actual historical symbolic art, as opposed to the stuff that PRS authors commission to illustrate their books.

    ReplyDelete