Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Without a poke [updated]

*
This pig is only slightly more likely than I am to be the 2012 GOP presidential nominee. Why the bad outlook? Because he says things out loud that the mainline Republican power elites only think silently to themselves or discuss in secure undisclosed whites-only men's social clubs. Alpha-Republicans and their shadow government of right-wing publishers, think tanks, and foundations may mostly be crypto-segregationists, but they know enough to hide their true philosophies and objectives from the light of day because even in this coarse age, polite society is still repulsed by intentional expressions of unvarnished bigotry. Buffoons like Barbour draw unwanted attention to the hidden agenda with their dewy reminiscences about how swell segregationists actually were---nice, neighborly sorts of fellows, actually (because it really felt like that to them, probably). Still, they get treated with lace gloves as if they "misremember" or are "confused." Bah!

The corporate news media will seemingly float a trial presidential balloon for any Republican who hasn't been photographed having sex with a 15-year-old outside Utah.

Update: in order to help explain the bitter tone of the text above I had meant to include this link to Atrios, who today excerpted a 1956 article by the legendary David Halberstam on "white citizen councils." Chilling shit.

3 comments:

  1. whattaya got against pigs RC? This guy more closely resembles pig food. After it's passed through an alimentary canal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah RC....WTF!??

    Hey....It's Christmas this week, and I was wondering, possibly a couple double features this weekend?? Bedtime, Fish Fry, Late Night, something.

    Like the stuff we grew up with, Bob Hope Special, nice old Christmas classic set to video, there's got to be something good.

    Thanks for letting me crash the party this year, especially late at night when the adult beverages really kicked in.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon: my mistake. No harm intended toward schweinen, just schweinhundten.

    59er: I'm happy that you enjoy this little thing; it's really fun to me that a few people have stumbled over my blog and still follow it periodically. Now, since I think I've traumatized you with Apoplectic Santa in the upper-right-hand corner, I'll try to (partially) make up for it. I'll caution you that my sensibilities about Christmas may differ from yours, but I think I can find something for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete