Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

You've been having more fun than me lately

*
About half a year ago I made the ace move of overcommitting myself editorial work that competes with the important things in life such as booze, pills, and frails.

In particular, an oversize chicken came home to roost earlier this month in the form of an upbraiding from an author with whom I'm working---completely understandable and justifiable on his part, incidentally---with respect to my epic procrastination on a book manuscript I'm editing. In terms of my professional craft, it's an interesting project, but my procrastination hasn't been along my usual lazy lines: I've been about two-thirds baffled by this job, which involves converting a web site about construction management into a dummies-style text for general contractor types. But since I'm a fucking genius, as all my dear friends know, I've made great strides over the past 2 weeks to tame this monster. But it has left me depleted in terms of fulfilling my duties to the Fifty50 community.

I've found this state of affairs to be intolerable, so I'm trying to wade back into it now. But the water feels a bit cold. (Deep, too.) Posting may be light through the end of the month, but not if I can help it. Please stand by, and thank you for your attention to this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment