Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Coincidence? You decide!

In case you think the cute little cartoon executioner in the 8 February post looks familiar, maybe this quote from the recent, pre-New Hampshire past will help to jog your memory-bones:

"The 16 people I carried out execution on in Arkansas would hardly say I'm soft on crime," Huckabee told supporters while campaigning in Indianola, Iowa, over the weekend. [Stephen Dinan, The Washington Times, 31 December 2007]

I might add that the 16 people he "carried out execution on in Arkansas" would hardly say anything at all these days, except maybe "Aaaarrrghhhh! Stop poking me with that infernal pitchfork, Satan!" The felicitous appearance of the Reverend Governor Huckabee's likeness in a book of vintage advertising art, along with his stunning sitzkrieg victory in Kansas today, proves to me beyond a doubt that there is a Prime Mover.

No comments:

Post a Comment