Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big Otis checks in

*
From his maize-infested midwestern outpost where the "cow things" sometimes roam after dark, Big Otis shares his economic and political concerns of the day:

It's coytens I tell ya. Like a fucking bomb went off. Everything is fucked up --- not just what we own. This week only gold keeps me in the game.

McCain must feel like a damned janitor who somehow ended up in an operating room with an anesthetized patient in front of him, a scalpel in his hand, a full surgical crew standing by awaiting his command, and millions watching him on the TV monitor. And then someone lets a pig wearing lipstick into the OR.

As a bonus, Mr. Otis, M.S., also provides a link to this HuffingtonPost column by an economics professor who does a very workmanlike job of explaining what is happening in the financial sector right now. The author of the essay, Howard Schweber, also provides a bonus "conspiracy theory" that sounds a lot like the kind of stuff Naomi Klein talks about in The Shock Doctrine.

Tomorrow I'm finna run out to Borders and purchase my copy of the 2009 -- 2012 Mayan calandar while my dollar is still worth a Jefferson nickel.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, that sounds like a Scrubs episode I saw once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRH: I think it sounds even more clever than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I maintain that it was a cow thing.

    -Your Niece, Melina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melina: I am certain that what you saw was a cow thing! It must have been a very frightening experience for you, sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More clever than Scrubs?

    I guess I must have seen that on The West Wing, then...

    ReplyDelete