Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Joementum III: the owning

*
Up a little late tonight, insomnia blogging, so I'll share what I'm thinking about Joe The Lieberman. Here it is:

I'm not concerned about Joe Lieberman getting off with a wrist slap, and don't care about his advisor punking "the left" in a way that has Jane Hamsher all tied up in knots. Howard Dean thinks it's a smooth move by Obama, and Dean's logic makes sense to me. Joe can strut and fret his hour on the stage, if he likes, but Obama owns him. Basically Joe has a 2-year probation, and his only hope of even a whiff of relevance is to do exactly as Obama's crew directs him. Without Joe, Dems don't have a chance at a filibuster-proof majority; with him, they do. But there is an election in 2 years. If the Dems pick up the 60-seat majority then, Joe is irrelevant no matter what. If he goes off the reservation, though, Obama's' crew has no reason not to throw him to the wolves --- heave him out of the caucus at a well selected time. If that happens, Lieberman has no chance whatsoever of being re-elected in 2012. So I suspect Obama has Lieberman at quite the disadvantage, despite what the knee-jerk lefties think.

Back to you, Oil Can Harry.

7 comments:

  1. Why's saying:

    If the world is crazy then what am I?

    y.o.s., Kam Chong as Chen Ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Kam Chong or whatever your name is: I understand "why's saying" and "y.o.s.", but the rest is Chinese to me. Please don't clog up this comments thread any more because Oil Can Harry is probably trying to get through right now with his best Joe "joint" ever. But stop by again if you ever have something American to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry SM-- this JoeISM will remain safe in a condom. I don't find Lieberman particularly amusing.

    What is funny, however, is that the Chinese guy's name translates roughly to "Alaskan whore". I wonder what he's implying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sary, humble self should mention that my name is a featured character on the U.S. TV show Hawaii 50, also staring The Lord. Some day I will learn English gooder. As a not American I will now use the non-white facilities. Are you an Eagle Tarryton?


    K.C.a.C.H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the L-man (J. Daley's Deputy Dog). He'll be used while it's expedient and then it's onto the trash heap of history (along with flowery words and perhaps a watch).

    Instead beware the VP moving in the complicated shadows. For one, "midnight rules"
    http://ombwatch.org/article/blogs/entry/5494. Otherwise probably multi-year oil, arms, and "services" deals based out of Dubai.

    The Texas grand jury indictment may hinder but will not slow the man. Chances are he's already got it wired to be thrown out (it's Texas after all).

    L.McD.


    PS GWB with a 19% approval rating, and seemingly disappeared from public view....my guess is that the PR crew has already jumped ship for greener candidates or think tanks. The cheese stands alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. many apologies to you Kam Chong. I remember your chubby Ho character well. He, and the theme music, were good reasons to watch the credits every time. Book 'em, Danno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. L.McD: "The cheese stands alone." Perfect. He'll have the first presidential library in history with a copy of My Pet Goat and a vault full of pop-up books.

    You other guys: I used to watch H 5-0 every night after the local news on syndication in the late '70s, but apparently I did not retain a smidgen of information about that aggregated experience. So you kids go ahead and have your fun as my memory functions continue to deteriorate.

    ReplyDelete