Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Two short notes on 2d presidential debate

*
1. Obama seemed preternaturally composed and focused tonight, like a veteran airline captain telling the passengers that there will be some turbulence ahead --- someone who could inspire confidence in a captive audience exposed to peril.

2. McCain tonight was using this creepy, pseudo-earnest hissing whisper when trying to drive home certain points, a cartoon voice that Palin overused until it made me sick during her debate with Biden.

That's all. The first-tier bloggers will tell you the rest of what you need to know, including confirmation that Tom Brokaw is a has-been, and not a very bright one.

Editor's note to BD: yes, I know I'm supposed to be doing more important stuff than this evening, but I worked 10 hours and I got no neurotransmitters left. Some more will grow by tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment