Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Night Fish Fry

*
Here's the situation
And how it really stands
I'm out of circulation
I've all but washed my hands




To my knowledge there was never a recording like this before 1966 or afterward until the late 1970s. I liked it as a kid but never fully appreciated it until I nabbed my own copy while collecting "old" 45s in the mid-seventies. I don't read rock publications but must assume that a herd of pre-Reagan punk bands have paid their proper respect to The Music Machine (and this minor hit in particular). The embedded video is one of two on YouTube, visually clearer than the other but appearing somewhat staged. My preferred version can be viewed here. It's more authentic looking, but YouTube has disabled the embedding so I can't show it to you here. Crank it.

No comments:

Post a Comment